INSECTS REARING: In our Laboratory of Entomology, we have available insect rearing system of the main phytophagus and sucking insects to conduct laboratory screening test.
The rearing system are available for:
- Cotton leaf worm (Spodoptera littoralis)
- Sweet potato whitefly (Bemisia tabaci)
- Brown marmorated stink bug (Halymorpha halys)
- Cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii)
- Tomato leafminer (Tuta absoluta)
- ACUTE TOXITICY: Topic, spray and/or dip application of plants (or plant parts), to evaluate the knock-down effect of substances controlling phytophagus and sucking insects.
- PERSISTENCE: Spray and/or dip application of plants (or plant parts), to evaluate the residual effect of substances controlling phytophagus and sucking insects.
- SOIL TREATMENTS: Drip application in potted plants, to evaluate the translocation of systemic active ingredients through plant vascular tissues.
- RAINFASTNESS: Exposition of treated plants to artificial rain to evaluate the rain effect on the washout of the tested formulate/prototype.
FUNGICIDE SCREENING TESTS: In our Phytopathology laboratory we perform isolation and selection of phytopathological fungi and bacteria and their vitro/vivo cultivation to produce pure inoculum strains useful to perform:
- LABORATORY SCREENING: in vitro and in vivo
- EVALUATION OF THE FUNGICIDES RESISTENCE
- SEROLOGICAL ANALYSIS (TEST ELISA)
- POST-HARVEST TESTS
- FIELD AND SEMI-FIELD TESTS